After we spent quality time in town with the groundhogs, we headed to the camp in Big Run. We had to follow Joe and Rose, since all of the roads pretty much look like this, and maps can't locate this place. But can you believe how pretty it is?
Kate was surprisingly amazing at the game.
Philip's Uncle Mike was also a natural, and I could clearly see where Philip's very competitive gene came from.
Philip with Bryan looking on and most likely trash talking. :)
Grant and Jocelyn
Dick and Bryan
I was not so good, but would get super lucky once in a while.
When we very first got there, Philip's Uncle Joe started challenging him to a duel in horseshoes. Apparently 10 years ago, the last time Philip was at the reunion, he beat Joe, the decided horseshoe master, and has been wanting a rematch.
And I took 4 thousand pictures of the game...imagine that. And I love the next picture because there is no doubt in my mind that Joe is talking trash at that very moment. Did I mention that Buterbaughs are competitive? It is kind of ridiculous and awesome.
And last but certainly not least, the next day when everyone got there, we played Blitz, which Philip and Ashley kind of dominated, so Philip sat out after the first game so he could give others a shot.
Starting on the left, is a sliver of Julia's face, then Beth, Penny, Kelli, Ashley, Nancie, Abby and the back of me and Jean Marie's heads.
Yes, that is me making a sweet move, most likely my first. But watch out cousins, I'm practicing up for 2012!
Michelle also brought sparklers to entertain the kids (and me), and Max had the brilliant idea to take Harry Potter pictures. Here he is casting a spell on Des.
And on Garrison, and these are probably my favorite pictures of the entire trip. I like my nephews, they are clever.
Jennifer and Maxy
Me loving my sparkler
Garrison and Des
And this was pretty much the whole bunch! It was seriously so much fun getting to know all of them a little bit better and I can't wait to start going religiously every other year!
Philip and Kelli, with her cuties Adam and Hyrum
Jerry, who might be the funniest/orneriest Buterbaugh
And here is Janet and her 6 living siblings.
Top row: Bryan, Janet, Dick and Mike
Bottom row: Jerry, Nancy and Joe
The rest of our time at camp was spent hanging out, and eating and talking and laughing, which can be summed up as DELIGHTFUL.
Michelle, Penny, and David
L to R: Aniston, Janet, Jocelyn, Grant, Nancy and Janet
Cutie kids, Abby and Adam. Abby is the cutest and sassiest three year old I've ever met, I kind of loved her lots. And Adam's "CHEESE!" face is too much, I love it!
Sammy boy before he split his eyelid open. We all kind of assumed he would be the first of the injuries at camp, and we were right, poor thing.
Philip and Abbie, who is the most sarcastic Buterbaugh. She is Philip's cousin that should probably just be his sister, because all of us Lindbloms have a special place in our hearts for her! She is seriously great. And now we're facebook friends. :)
Us with Dick
Bryan is the nicest and funnest uncle there is around. All of the kids (once again, myself included) LOVED him, because he is all about having fun and playing hard.
And here he looks like he loves us lots. And also kind of looks like an amputee.
Abbie and her ridiculously cute daughter Ashley, who is equally as sarcastic and enjoyable.
The Phils, not the Punxsy type though. I love these boys.
She loves him as much as I do, which I find to be quite precious.
And no family event is complete without a Lindblom family picture! I am seriously so lucky to have married into this family! They are the greatest!
Nancy, me, Joe, and Philip
Philip, Garrison, and Max, who continually wears the deep Vs.
Jerry, Jo Dee, Nancie and Lucille
Me and Joe, who is so so sweet! He has been the mayor of Big Run for like the past 30 years!
I mentioned it was a hunting lodge right? So of course there would be random talons on the porch!
Michelle and Jocelyn undoing all of Kelli's hard work of keeping her boys healthy and candy-free by giving him a DumDum. And please notice Hyrum's hair, it is so fluffy, it made me laugh daily.
And of course, there were more pictures that didn't make it into this post, but rest assured that we had such a good time at the reunion and are so excited to go again! It was our first time going since we've been married due to school and being poor and such, and after going this year, I told Philip that I insist we go to every single one from here on out!
See you again in 2012 Buterbaughs!
7 comments:
I love this post! You captured the reunion well. And, I might add, I immediately did 100 crunches after viewing the picture of me, Phil, and my boys. Or at least I thought about it.
Oh, and I'm sad I missed out on the Harry Potter photos. : )
good times :) love the pic of Mom & Phil!
great photos. Hard to convert people to making that trip until you experience it for yourself. Wish we would have had more time. You didn't really get to hang out with the amish at all. NEXT TIME!!!
okay, your inlaws look like the happiest sweetest people ever. which = you fit right in!
I'm glad you put it in. :)
What fun!!
This post takes up your entire blog page. I think that is evidence in and of itself that the reunion was a success!
Post a Comment