If you would have asked me before our anniversary how we would be celebrating, I would have responded, "Working." Little did I know that this would definitely be the greatest one yet! I only worked until 1, and didn't anticipate Philip getting home until around 6, but he pulled the "It's my anniversary" card at his rotation and they let him go early! Huzzah!
So we gave each other our presents...
Me thinking, "Is this for real?"
Me thinking, "Okay, make the most unattractive face possible to catch on camera, oh, and shed some tears as well to add to the attractiveness... and OH MY GOSH."
Philip surprised me with diamond earrings, something I've wanted since birth but didn't think I was getting until menopause. I was floored. And I'm in love. With the earrings. And Philip for knowing just how to surprise me.
Then I surprised him with....drumroll...new slippers! (Enter depressing woh-woh horn sound.) Yes yes, I felt like an idiot, but Philip kept telling me not to. And truth be told, he was in desperate need of new ones, his old ones are trashed, and I got him a brown pair too so that he can wear his slippers stylishly.
He then proceeded to take off his dress shoes and try on the slippers while whistling "It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" from Mr. Rogers, and I proceeded to laugh for like 12 minutes.
At that point, it was mid afternoon and we had no plans, so we decided to see a movie at 3:20, on a Thursday, with like 7 other senior citizens in a giant theatre. Pretty much the best way to see movies.
We then went to dinner at Grimaldi's, and Philip was so sad that I forgot to ask the waitress to take a picture (lie). And lastly we came home and watched Thursday night television, our favorite, and went and got Blizzards.
It was such a perfect day! It was so nice to not have big plans or expectations and then have it just turn into a fun-filled afternoon and evening doing and eating things we love. Such a happy day. Such a great five years. Such a perfect life. Sighhhh.
7 comments:
Sighhhhhh A nice surprise!!
Will you look at the bling in those ears..oh and the "brown" on those feet! What a fun anniversary! Congratulations! O anticipate the next 30 years will be equally happy and you will totallly fit in on the 3:00 p.m. movie. BTW, I didn't see you there which movie was it? :)
How fun! Happy Anniversary and congrats on getting a man that will surprise you with DIAMOND EARRINGS!
you guys are so in love! happy five years! i love those kind of anniversaries too! and what girl doesn't love diamonds? such a perfect day!
Ohhh congrats! You guys are adorable.
What a great day, and a great couple. : )
happy anniversary, I love this post, it had me LOLing : )
Post a Comment