Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Google images was no help today...

Today I went to California on business.
And how is it than when I googled "Southwest Airlines" this was like third picture that came up?
Anyway, I flew there this morning, and then flew back tonight, which makes for a long day. Wait, you ask, business? Yes my friends, business. You see, we are buying this house in Newport: Because I fell in love with the amazing kitchen... Because $9,995,000 is fathomable, or in other words, $50,435 per month (that's even with our 20% down) is in our budget.
(Now I understand how Jimmy Cooper went broke. And if you know this reference then I love you a lot.)
Sighhhh, maybe when Mr. Walgreen of Walgreens decides to leave his favorite employee, Philip, ALL of his money, then we can buy that house. If nothing else, I've decided that I want white cabinets in all my houses, they are just so bright, I love them. So anyways, I went on business, which in short means I got a job. Yay...or something. I'm excited to have a job though I'm not in love with mine, whatev.
Beggars can't be choosers.
And the flights today allowed me to finish this book:

Though my copy from Walgreens doesn't look like that, but once again google images didn't have quite what I was looking for. Anyways, my rating for the book...meh plus sniff and tears. Like when I saw the movie preview, I was crying by the end of the 45 second preview, and though the book kept me interested, it wasn't as good as I wanted it to be but I still cried at the end. So, until I hit up the Mesa Public Library, I will go back to reading this:

(Once again, not what my book looks like, thanks for nothin' google) which I adore. I grew up watching the movies, but had never read the books. They are a little dull, like I read them to put me to sleep, but are tender all at the same time. You should put it on your summer reading list, it is a joy.

Have I mentioned that I love being graduated for the sole purpose of being able to read whenever I want? It's truly amazing, and probably my favorite perk...that is, until I get a paycheck. :)

14 comments:

Lindsee said...

So, I am in love with white cabinets and dark wood counter tops...my husband hates white cabinets. It will definietly be a battle we will face in our future!

And Ann of Green Gables was like the only book I finished as a child. Then I say the movies...and it bothered me because I painted images in my head that didn't match the ones in the movie. What a debate: movie or book first?

Anonymous said...

Sorry about google images not working for you today.
Can I just say that I started watching the reruns of the O.C. a few days ago on soapnet? It's coming to an end and they will start from the pilot episode next week if you are interested and have soapnet.
Congrats on the new job. So does this mean you guys are moving? I think it would be sweet to live in Cali.

Margo said...

Let's face it. If Caleb Nicol can lose all his money, then so can Jimmy Cooper. I watched the 3rd season during the break while I worked on a project and it made me miss that show! I am convinced we would have been good friends if we were in the same class. I just wish I was in your class because that would mean I was done with all this junk. Why California for a job?

Scott and Cheryse said...

I have the Green Gables movies on VHS if you want to borrow them. If you want to relive your childhood. All I remember is each tape is long, but good!!

kellibattraw said...

Anne of Green Gables was my absolute most favorite series as a child. It rivals Harry Potter for a place in my heart. : ) And, I must admit, after reading them I felt slighted that my middle name did NOT have an "e" at the end!
I'm glad you're enjoying yourself!

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Bless little Jimmy Cooper's heart and the fact that he was married to Julie. And I've been reading the Little House on the Prairie books at night and love them. And amen on the thoughts you had for My Sister's Keeper, except mine included sniff, half a tear, throw the book at the wall because I was ticked.

The Fletchies said...

Congrats on a JOB! That is so exciting! But I need details. Why were you in california for it? If you are moving there we have first dibs on visiting you. That's right, I said dibs. Oh and I ♥ the OC. It is my favorite.

Unknown said...

i can never find the right images i need from google, lol. great blog!

Wendi said...

I didn't realize that you were going to visit my Newport house- if I would have known then there would have been fresh cupcakes sitting waiting for you in my gorgeous kitch. Glad you are geting so much reading in Jodi Piccolt is one of my favs- read 19 minutes it is my favorite of hers. My sisters keeper was my first book of hers and I bawled my head off! I can't wait for the movie!

Sara! said...

I think your books are better than my book that had a shark in it. Ergh.

Lets go to the library tomorrow! I don't think I have a fine right now, but even if I do, I have magic squirrel money!!!

Bekah Parker said...

I love the white cabinets! I love kitchens...I don't care if the rest of my house is crap as long as the kitchen is the way I want it. And I hear you and STacie are laying out today. Sure wish I didn't have work so I could join. We all need to do something soon though. And I am with you on being able to read whatever you want for fun. Text books get real old after awhile...or after the first week of class.

james n mary said...

jimmy cooper!!! poor jimmy skimming from his clients and making katelyn not keep her pony, then gets punched at marissa's catillian, then sandy gets suckered punch, marissa finds out folks are getting divorced and OD's in TJ. :( (season ONE baby!)

congrats on being graudated :)

you're into one tree hill, are you?!

Kristin said...

I couldn't finish My Sister's Keeper...I got bored. But I'm totally all about seeing the movie! And to get this straight...you got a job in Cali??? Confused.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

"(Now I understand how Jimmy Cooper went broke. And if you know this reference then I love you a lot.) "

Dude. OC season 1. I have all the seasons. In love.

Umm hi. I love white cabinets. They are the only kind of cabinets I shall have.

I have that copy of Anne of Green Gables. Haven't made it all the way through yet. I would rather watch the movie. haha!