4. cut the belly buttons off of my and my sisters' cabbage patch dolls.
5. would walk around the block in my underwear with a knife and an orange.
5. cried when Jason proposed to Sara in our kitchen.
6. went to Academy for Girls/baby EFY with my cousin Rachel Jones, of which I have very very fond memories, and REALLY attractive pictures.
(Yes this is Pres. Eyring, good thing we looked so good when we captured this moment)
Thanks Rach for the good time. And you're welcome for posting these.
1. just graduated from MHS and started working front desk for Melvin.
2. registered for classes at MCC, thinking that I would major in interior design.
3. was having a slight identity crisis since all of my friends were either still in high school, going on missions, or going away to school and I didn't know quite what to do with myself.
4. was still hating being an only child, since Kev was on his mission, so I hung out with my sisters and nieces a lot.
5. cried when these girls left for BYU.
6. watched 'Runaway Bride' a lot and realized that I needed to get my ducks in a row and figure out who I was.
2. stressed about making dinner for my new husband every night.
.3. had no furniture in my house, since we didn't know when we went to purchase couches and table, that we couldn't take them home that day, and 4-6 weeks is the norm. .
4. had just got my hair caught in a paper shredder at work, which resulted in a six inch trim. Yes, a paper shredder.
5. hated the green that I had painted my bedroom, but couldn't tell Philip because I felt bad that I had wasted like a whole $50 on two cans of paint. .
6. was still trying to figure out my new signature, and how to make Lindblom look pretty.
1. was in summer school again, boo. .
2. was so excited about my new tile. .3. painted my light green stripes over the bright green in our office on a day that our AC decided to freeze over, and basically inhaled 140 degree paint fumes for three hours and consequently took five years off my life.
4. had torn apart our house in prep for all the new good stuff. .
5. was stressing about my application for Rio..
6. was SOOOO looking forward to a week in Newport with my boy, my sister, and her boys.
1. have started the most challenging and stressful 15 months of my life (read: hygiene school).
2. become unemployed for the first time in ten years, which if you remember, was bittersweet .
3. got a fatty tax return, and decided to be adults and act responsibly and pay off our car with it. .
4. have met so many good girls in my class that have become such good friends. .
5. have learned how to clean teeth. .
6. went to Disneyland!
1. finished my laundry, cleaned the bathrooms, and swept the floor all by noon, a new record. .
2. went grocery shopping..
3. picked up my prescription from Costco. .
4. did a small hallelujah dance when I heard that my Rx finally has a generic, which saves me a sweet $12 a month! Then in six months more than one company is allowed to make the generic, so it will go down even more! Exciting huh? .
5. was with Philip when he opened his parents' mission call and read it to them over the phone, since they are currently at a family reunion. .
6. maybe cried when Philip was reading call to his parents, imagine that. :) .
today I:.
1. fell a little more in love with Philip when he looked so handsome at church today, and then got all giddy when he told me that I looked pretty. .
2. took a nap that wasn't nearly long enough. .
3. studied until I took the nap that wasn't long enough. .
4. met up with Diane to give her the skull that we stole from the school so that she could study too. .
5. made Philip some pepperoni bread for dinner/made Philip love me lots. .
6. "manicured" Sara's eyebrows while a curious Liz, Oakley and Nicole looked on. .
1. start my 6th week of this semester. .
2. don't have a quiz in Pharmacology, for the first time since the semester started, hip hip hooray.
. 3. will watch the Finale of The Bachelorette, which I'm so excited for. .
4. will most likely tear up watching the said show. .
5. should probably study. .
6. won't want to study and will find reasons not to or things to do that are more appealing than studying, such as blogging, watching one of my many DVR-ed Forensic Files, or wiping down all of the baseboards in my house.
.
1. WILL FINALLY GRADUATE COLLEGE! .
2. will take an awesome trip to NYC aka my graduation present from me and Philip. .
3. hope to learn to better prioritize my time and stress less. .
4. will study my brains out for school and boards and whatnot. .
5. will have four new nieces and nephews! (two from each side! and so far it will be nephews on the Lindblom side, hopefully nieces on the Jones side!) .
6. will spend lots of time with my favorite people in the world/my family. .
1. will hopefully have just bought our Halfway House (the house half way between our first one and our last one)..
2. will have a Pharmacist for a husband. .
3. will have finally been to Hawaii aka Philip's graduation present from me and him. .
4. will hopefully have Baby Philissa #1 growing in my belly. :) .
5. will be the proud owner of an elliptical machine and beach cruisers (something that we can't have until we have a real house). .
6. will most likely never see my Pharmacist husband due to the fact that we will both be working like crazy to pay off student loans as quickly as possible.
. in 5 years I:.
1. will be 28, that's weird to think. .
2. will have two Philissa babies, hooray, if all goes as planned. .
3. will be attending my 10 year high school reunion, crazy. .
4. will have our student loans paid off, once again, if all goes as planned (CLEARLY, we're big on planning). .
5. want to have lots of pretty flowers growing at my house. .
6. might be working part time, I don't know. That's actually one thing that we haven't planned completely!
.


15 comments:
maybe we should seriously be allies because the number one thing my sisters make fun of me for is how much i plan out my life in advance and how i stress out about things that are like five years down the road like how I will ever be able to leave annie if devin gets accepted to an out of state law school slash if they will notice if I put her in one of my suitcases. Do these things really matter right now? probably not but I still worry. It seems like you have the same problem but your life seems more in control. maybe I should take tips from you so i don't stress about it so much.and I like that you haven't had much writing to do lately because I benefit by getting to read more on your blog. the end.
I most certainly appreciate when you're long winded on your blog...entertain me Mel face! Uhmmm...P.S. Love the shot of you and Lethe? What the is she wearing?
Mission call? What? When? Where? Exciting!
It is good to plan and you have always been good at that. Just remember to have enough faith to be flexible with what challenges come along.
I'd just like to add that 20 years ago when a Costco employee stated that she loved your dress, you snapped back with, "then why don't you marry it?" You've kept us all entertained for a long time. Thanks for the fun read.
dang, you guys don't mess around! i like your mamas advise...probably cause i need to hear it.
Woo. I enjoyed your timeline. I spent all afternoon texting Tash...Weird, eh? But I gotta give the disclaimer that she texted first. Bah. It made me nervous even though it was pretty much small talk. Anyways...lots to gossip about on Saturday! I look forward to seeing you.
P.S. Is there room in your handbasket for 2??
I love your long posts. They keep me entertained at work for oh, a good 10 or 15 minutes. Which is honestly priceless to me at this point. So thanks for that. I feel privileged to have made your time line :)
I LOVED reading this! It was totally fun, and as always, hilarious :) I think I will do this meme...it won't be as cute as yours either.
this was excellent. and i, like your other readers, highly appreciate long posts...keep 'em comin', yo.
{thanks for playing tag, it was a pleasure.}
Melissa, you are too funny!!! This post made me laugh.
We need to either invite you and Phillip over (as long as you guys don't mind baby crusing all over the place) or go out with you two on date night (so we can get away from baby...lol!)! Sorry we didn't get a chance to chat with you kids at church - Mike comes up to us and says we literally came in after they had read in our names. Perfect Seebach timing I tell you.
OMG i noticed your office has a bookshelf that looks like it's from Ikea!!! We went to Ikea over the weekend for their Summer Sale and purchased one that looks almost exactly like it! craziness.
have a great week - and happy anniversary for the first date. awww :D
-mary
You're too cute Melissa... and might I say that you, as a planner, fit right into the Lindblom clan, at least with some of us. : )
i forgot to inquire...how'd ya feel about the bachelorette?
did you cry?
and if so: happy or sad tears?
once i got over that jesse sort of reminds me of joey gladstone, i sort of fell in love with him...♥
aw, the seasons over. what ridiculous show shall i replace it with?
K girl, what happened Monday night?! I was waiting for you to call back & let me know if you were coming! I made cookies for everyone & all! My sister Auburn loved Jesse, too so you wouldn't've been the only one. (am I allowed to put 2 contractions together? Pretty sure I'm not.)
I loved your tag! But sad- why didn't you cry when I left for BYU?! Haha... and can you come wipe down my baseboards for me? It's a chore I hate, and especially because I have like 3 times the amount of baseboards as a normal house. What's with that?!
what a fun little game of tag. thanks for entertaining me whilest i "work".
and angie...the joey gladstone comment made me happy! i, too, liked the jess-ster.
Aww the picture of you and Lethe made me smile. It sounds like your doing so good. Hope to see you soon. Its so crazy that i live only a couple streets down from you. Your mom is amazing she brought us home made bread and dinner and then had my parents over too. Well i hope to keep in touch with you.
Post a Comment