Friday, September 7, 2007

Best Week Ever!

So starting the week with a day off made this such a fun week! First off, at work yesterday we celebrated Dr. Heap's birthday, and since we're nerdy/the best staff ever, Brookie brought cupcakes, I brought candles, we sang happy birthday, which I'm not going to lie, was a little awkward with just the 5 of us, and then he opened up presents! And that was all after we went to lunch at Nando's, where I ate a heaven-sent chimichanga that was the size of a small pug. Mmm, it was soooo good.
And we maybe got him Guitar Hero because he is a tad nerdy, and is maybe feeling insecure about turning the big 3-0, and needed something childish. Good thing I took back the nose/ear hair trimmer that I originally got for him! :) We also worked a half day, which I am a HUGE fan of, but after Dr. Heap left, the four of us girls (me, Sara, Brookie, and Bethany) sat around and took DISTURBINGLY ugly pictures of ourselves with his camera. They are the types of faces that when I make them to Philip he says, "Yeah, what can I say to make you never do that face again?" Dr. Heap is in for a treat when he gets to work on Monday.

.

Then the other night our cute friends, Michael and Deanna, invited us to go with them to a Diamondbacks game!

It was truly amazing! I had forgotten how much I enjoy going to baseball games, and I think that Philip was pleasantly surprised by how entertained and in to the game I was. And I think this man in front of me was sad about it because I might have been yelling in his ear like 90% of the time. However, his enormous head (and mustache) were blocking my view of home plate like 90% of the time, so I don't feel quite so bad.

And here is us being our very cheesy selves. I think that Philip looks adorable in this picture, so I posted it inspite of my better judgement, since I look like I just crawled out of a trash can.

I need to bleach my teeth again.

Oh, and I recently decided that I'm going to have next week be family week, and tell the world a little bit about every member of my family. Look forward to it. It will be a fantastic event!

11 comments:

Alisse Baldwin said...

Yay for happy weeks! Glad yours was fun.

K.I.T.
Have a good summer!
I N V U 4 U R A Q T !

Brent and Brooke said...

Melissa, first off you are hilarious. Second, i laughed so hard at the pic of dr heap blowing out his candles. His mouth looks funny because you made him hold the blowing out candles pose forever so you could take his picture. Anyways, I hope those ugly pics we took never get leaked to the internet, I am already regretting that they are stored into camera memory...so ugly!

Anonymous said...

i think i'm gonna repeat what i wrote in your last blog, you need a skinny mirror? you are too cute. ps. i love your watch!!!

Marie said...

Oh Melissa, Love the blog...can't wait for the family week posts. Give us all the dirt!

Marie said...

Oh Melissa, Love the blog...can't wait for the family week posts. Give us all the dirt!

Candice said...

If thats you after crawling out of a trash can, tell me where that can is. I am going to roll around in it. Family week- great idea! That is such a fun and interesting concept- full of possiblities! Isn't it about time we do lunch again? And Sara needs to start coming too. We'll send the pictures to Kelli and make her mad. :)

Kirk and Aly said...

Have you been eating corn? Whatever! Your teeth look like cute little chicklets! I'm sure Dr. Heap likes his guitar hero game way better than a nose hair trimmer. Remember that year that Dad got like 40 of them for his birthday? We were so mean! As for next week - keep the family secrets quiet, especially all the dark juicy stuff I told you this weekend! :)

Sara! said...

What dark juicy stuff?! I told you guys to not talk at all until I got home, then when I asked for a full report on the conversations held, you said nothing exciting happened. I'm a little angry. BTW, I'm commenting in the same fashion I changed the wax ring on the toilet. Are you totally freaked out?

Sarah said...

Thanks for helping my husband celebrate his birthday he loves guitar heros- I know- nerd. But I think you still should get him the nose and ear hair trimmer.

Courtney said...

Hey Melissa! It has been too long! I just started blogging and found your cute blog that always keeps me entertained! You 2 are too fun! My blog is theoverstreetfamily.blogspot.com- in case you cared! haha. Well love ya and glad I can feel like I keep in touch with you this way!
Courtney Overstreet

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Shut it that you need to bleach your teeth. Maybe you could sneak me some, though?