Thursday, August 16, 2007

Things I Love/Hate Thursday...

So it's been kind of a long sucky-ish week, and I've been somewhat cranky as I stress out about several different things. So I'm going to talk about things I hate...some of which are caused by things I love, and then there are some things that I want to love on too. Basically I'm jumping on the "Things I hate..." bandwagon.
.
First and foremost, I am hating my house. Well, not so much my house, but the fact that I can't easily live in my house. Here's why:
What's this Melissa? Well my friends, this is our crown moulding. And I am totally in love with it (btw, this is the backs of it, so don't think that we picked weird stuff, the picture is for dramatic effect). So what's to hate? Perhaps the fact that these two 16 foot long stacks stretch from one end of our kitchen/basically our hallway into our laundry room, and we can't easily open our fridge or dishwasher with them here. My poor grapes and nectarines were trapped in the bottom right drawer of the fridge this week because I couldn't open the door far enough to be able to open the drawer. And the dishwasher just got unloaded tonight after being ran on Sunday. Hooray for it being hung on Saturday and having my kitchen back!
And here is my cute little clock that has been waiting so patiently in the extra bedroom where it will stay until the bathroom is ready for it. Sighhhhhh, I feel like my house is seriously never going to get done.
.
Here's more things I hate that I don't have pictures of:
.
1.That nowhere in Downtown Phoenix has public restrooms...even if I spent a good 52 cents on copies and gave you my business and paid for parking to use you Mr. Stupid FedEx/Kinko's!
.
2. Forgetting something in the copier after leaving and having to drive back, while your gas light decides to come on, and you still have to go to the bathroom because they wouldn't let you use it when you were there earlier, jerks. Oh yeah, and you're in Downtown Phoenix, and are kind of afraid for your life and don't want to stop.
.
3. Broken escalators. When it's broken they should put a sign on the stairs that says, "You might as well walk up now because the escalator that you are going OUT OF YOUR WAY to use is now a very narrow staircase as well with bigger steps, sucker."
.
4. That the applications for hygiene school require you to get fingerprint clearance cards. Apparently there have been a lot of crooks applying, so they need to see if you have murdered anyone lately. Actually it is just another hoop to jump through to see if you are seriously thinking you can get in. I hate that they can make things difficult for no reason whatsoever. Rrrg.
.
Something I love:
my new phone and the fact that Philip goes to the Verizon store so that I don't have to deal with that. I am especially grateful because every time he goes there he comes home fuming about how much he hates everyone there. Bless his heart...and blood pressure. Oh yeah, and I love being from Japan and peace signing it up.
.
Another thing I love: having a tan.
(refer to my arms in above picture)
What I don't love: peeling like crazy and basically looking as if I am a leper. I wish I was joking, but I'm not.
.
So that's all. Um, sorry I've been slacking on the posts lately. Reason being three things: First, I'm boring and cranky. Second, my stupid house steals my time. Third, I need to get my hygiene crap done ASAP. Hey, speaking of, does anyone know where I can get CPR certified besides the fire station? Let me know!

19 comments:

Grace Ryan said...

I'm sorry you Hate Thursdays sometimes but love them too! You crack me up Melissa. Seriously. I love you.

Um, I don't have a picture. I will have to ask my sister to take a picture of me in it to reenact what I looked like today. It wasn't anything special but red is definitely a fun color to wear. haha... You are hilarious!

angiedunn said...

Oh man, I feel your pain/hate.

I mean, I wouldn't know what it's like to be fabulous like you {you are so freakin' pretty} & or be applying to school like you {way to be an overachiever}, or be installing amazing crown molding like you {the jealousy}...but i do know what it's like to be insanely busy & frustrated that you left the blasted copy in the frappin' copier... {story of my life!}

Your house will be FAB in no time @ all...love the clock girl.

I'd be totally down for hanging out in September! Call me/Email me whenev!

PS...I was listening to Avril yesterday & it reminded me of driving to Wyoming w/ you to buy fireworks. Ring any bells?

PSS...I also thought of you today as I was clorox wiping down all of the used books I purchased today!

PSSS...Sorry if I think of you too much. I'm not creepy, I promise.

HooHoo said...

Feel your pain in Phoenix. There is supposedly a bathroom in the Phoenix Police Department, at least I saw the signs but never found it. I opted to try to hold it until I got home. A very difficult day, to say the least.

I too love the clock, and the molding made for a great photo. You could do strong vertical lines for a photo class. Maybe you should sign up for that too. Sorry that you have had to fast all week though.

About a CPR class, Teresa said that she is taking one for $25 on Justin's birthday, somewhere in Mesa. Call me or her.

MeL said...

Mamma, there actually is NOT a public restroom in the Phoenix Police department...I was there and there was sign stating the sad fact. But really, can you blame them? In the short time I was there to get my fingerprints done, I was surrounded by bums and hardcore white trash people doing who knows what, and I almost started crying at least 4 times. I wouldn't want to share a bathroom with them, so no hate towards PPD, just FedEx/Kinko's for not letting me after using their machines and being a customer. I'm boycotting them for sure!

Oh, and you can be sure that I didn't fast all week. Just didn't get my fruits, and survived off of yogurt and tortillas.

And Angie, you are way too nice all the time! I had almost forgotten that entire trip, except getting drinks out of Joe and Mary's mini fridge in the basement! Oh, that was a fantastic trip. I was talking about Disneyland the other day and telling Philip about the trip that me, you, Eric, and Justin made, and how crazy fun it was. And I maybe just now came to the realization that I've been on more out of state trips with you than anyone I'm not related to. Disneyland like three times and Utah twice? Is my count right? That's all. I like being friends with you because you knew me when I was 15 and really not awesome, and you don't judge me for it now! Thanks love!

Alisse Baldwin said...

You win for longest comment EVAH and on your own blog. That's ma' Biotch.

Oh, and please tell me your new phone came with Hello Kitty stickers to go along with the rest of your Japanese theme. (!!)

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Okay, you need to remember everything you learned from getting your fingerprint card because I have to get one too. And you should have told me you were getting one because I would have joined you!!

p.s. Hello. I used to work in downtown Phoenix. I could have taken you to a bathroom. zoinks.

Kelli said...

I love your new phone, and I hate anything blocking the fridge. Sorry bout that, but its getting taken care of today, right? Yay!

Unknown said...

I almost love the comment convo we are having here, more than the post itself! You are so cute- and I wish I coulda seen your house when I was down.

Oh- and let it be said... how ever much Angieface may think of you... I think about you twice that much...

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

Melissa- this might sound wierd, but if you contact the American Heart Association they have CPR classes you can take & they even have the ones you do online, & then for the actual physical part of it there are specific people near you that you call & meet up with for like 30 minutes & then you are all done :) Instead of taking hours to do it.

angiedunn said...

So, seriously like 2 weeks ago, I was looking through old pictures, {trying to remind myself that it's fun to be skinny} & came across many awesome pictures of all our countless vacays together. We have been quite the traveling gurus in our day! I had forgotten about the mini fridge {that was awesome}...but I do remember partaking of orange food! And that cute shirt you bought in Park City that I was jealous of. And that supa fab Puma bag {that I still sport on occasion} that Chris bought me. And of course visiting the Dam Dam. And maybe almost running out of gas on our way to Wyoming. And lots of Avril {mostly tracks 7-10}. {I think you discovered her, if I'm not mistaken.}

Oh, & Ang/Mel/Justin/Eric DL trip was a great time had by all, I reckon. {single tear, I missed Eric} You & your red backpack & me & my awkwardly short bangs! LOL. We are fun! And LOL to the fact that I've one upped Philip on traveling w/ you. He'll catch up, no doubt.

Aw, the Angelicious touch...not sure if I have it...but I'd be more than happy to help ya w/ the organization o' scrapbook crap. Let me know when...I'll be there yo.

Good luck w/ your busy life right now! Oh, and Megface...I'm pretty sure I think of Mel more. Like, two-ish days ago, when I was @ the Old Navy checkout & randomly/naturally thought...I should buy Mel some mini-nail polish. {Come to find out, they don't sell that anymore}
Lame.

Macey said...

Downtown Phx can be scary...and hot! We went to a D-backs game, wearing black shirts and parked REALLY far so as to not pay for parking...can't wait to see pics of your house when it is all done!

Kelli said...

As long as everyone is talking about how much they think about you, may as well add my two cents in...I watched Win a Date with Tad Hamilton a couple nights ago and was reminded of how much I love that movie and that soundtrack and how we went and saw the sneak peek like a month before the movie was actually released, and how you mailed me the soundtrack and made my life. You're the best, and I think that we should have a girls night to watch that masterpiece of a movie the next time I'm home.

MeL said...

Kell, I think that my favorite part about that night was after the movie when we went to Spencer's house, and there was the other group of girls there and we told them that we had just seen the movie. Then one of them said, "I think that they'll get together in the end." And we just looked at each other, completely flabberghasted (for lack of a better word), and wanted to ask her, "What are you taking stupid pills? Of COURSE they get together in the end!" Sorry anyone if you haven't seen the movie and I just ruined it for you.

That brings me to my next thought; we should for sure have a girls night and watch that next time you are down. Maybe at my house because it SHOULD be done by then, and if it's not, mark my words I will be very VERY bitter. But anyways, Megan and Angie you should also come, and any other girl out there that wants to come as well, you're also invited.

And might I add as I have dropped all three of your names, Meganface, Angieface, and Kellface, you are all WAY too nice to/about me! Seriously you have all brightened my very stressful and low self-esteem days! I love all of your guts!

Cassie said...

Ahhh ha ha ha ha. Wow this was a great posting. ummm... so I know the feeling of trapped food in the fridge. Our house flooded last fall and not only did we live in the mess for about 2 days but then had to get evicted to grandmas house until it was all repaired 2 months later. Can you say Nightmare. But the ending result is a new beautiful house and a satisfied you. We got all new carpet, tile, paint in every room, baseboards, and baby stuff that was damaged, and all for only a $500 deductable. Not bad at all. Oh and I just read your "tagging" blog at the bottom. I HATE COCKROACHES! Death to the roaches.

angiedunn said...

Aw, Mel, oh how I highly enjoyed your comment/book of Alma on my blog. I heart you as well & you totally just made my week, btw. I love that we are daily e-friends but still could be just like old time bffs, if we weren't such busy & amazing women. Jk, I hate the word women. But we are amazing. And very funny. Lol.

Da Butta! So glad you remembered that! If I had a dollar for every time I've asked a family member to pass Da Butta {totally cracking up by myself & thinking of said roadtrip-tape}...I'd be a rich woman! {Crap, I said woman again.}

We do lead very twinner lives, I’d hafta agree. I love how our existences turned an extreme 180 from what we expected, yet life is so good with our husbands that are so very opposite from us. Here’s to Heavenly Father’s Plan, yo. Although, does Philip dream of one day being a farmer & owing a sod farm? ‘Cause I’m still not totally convinced that your husband is as crazy different from you, as Myron is from me. Lol.

Kill me if I one day have to own chickens. Lol some more.

PS: You don’t give yourself nearly enough credit for your extreme cuteness. Sometimes when I’m shopping, I pose the question, “WWMD?” {What would Mel do?} And by Mel, I mean you, not your dad. {Sorry, Bro. Jones.} Sometimes I wish you could be my personal shopping assistant, like the old days, @ Wet Seal/2 for 20ing it up!

We are more alike than you think. I too have leprosy. Only it plagues my face in the adolescent acne form.

OOOOooooo! I’ve seen those cute massive letters @ JoEtc! I’m totally down w/ assisting you in decorating those. Alls ya need is a little modge podge, some paper & paint. And then whatever you wanna put on there…buttons, ribbon, other crap, etc. No hiring necessary, I’m game for being crafty anytime. You are welcome to steal anything from my overwhelming amount of product that I’ve collected over the years. Seriously. Come shopping @ the Dunn household. Only everything is free.

Have a great day…I would have called you to tell you this, but we both would have probably had phone-anxiety about it. LOL. Love ya girl.

angiedunn said...

Dang...I should have thought of emailing you. Ya know, instead of leaving you a comment longer than the Constitution.

Next time, I reckon.

See ya in September!

Anonymous said...

time for a post!

The Jones Fam said...

ditto.

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

I specifically remember some cousins e-yelling at me to get a blog. And now YOU DON'T UPDATE YOURS???

To quote Annie: "Bored."