Monday, August 27, 2007

Back from Being Stressed...

I'm back!
I've been fairly busy and really stressed out about my hygiene application as of late, so as a few of you may have noticed, I took a little posting hiatus. However, lucky for you I kept taking pictures while I was not blogging, and thought I would post a few.
.
First up, we saw this lady at Chipotle last week, and I maybe laughed harder than most at her situation: shirt tie stuck in pants, causing bunching of the shirt.
I don't have a heart, so I took a picture. :)
Does anyone know how long it takes to peel and slice this many peaches by yourself? Too long my friends, too long. Ok, so most of you are sorry that you are seeing this much of my leg, and for that I apologize. But look and then feel bad for me; this is a mosquito bite turned savage. Oh, and this is my polka-dot skin that is the result of having leprosy since I was 10 and scratching all the skin off my legs. I'm disgusting. Happy first day of school! Philip started Pharmacy school today, and we couldn't be more excited! So as tradition in the Jones and now the Lindblom family, everyone gets a first day of school picture with the backpack and all.
Also, I would like everyone to notice how cute Philip dresses. Aren't I lucky? This is what happens when, being the on the ball wife that I am, I forget to screw the cap on the Dr. Pepper all the way. Notice my tub of grapes that are now soaking in soda, as well as the splatters on the door, which went into those compartments too. Also, soda was hiding behind the yogurts on the second shelf and under the drawers at the bottom. I'm a CHAMP. Anyhoo, have a fantastic day everyone. Oh, also some new exciting news is that I have a new neice! Her name is Sophia. I think I'll call her Sopie. Anyways, I'm really excited to meet her and see Chris and Beth be the cutest parents ever! I love you kids!

17 comments:

Goodman Family said...

Those would be the best grapes in the world.

The Jones Fam said...

Mmmmm... sliced peaches. Possibly my favorite thing in the world. If only it didn't result in terrible skeets afterwards. Good luck in pharmacy school Phil. Your first day of school outfit was adorable! Thanks for posting again. I was about to e-scream at you!

Jake

The Jones Fam said...

P.S. Actually my favorite thing in the world is freshly sliced peaches in a concrete at Nielsen's . Please go eat one in proxy of me.

Unknown said...

Usually you would soak those in vodka or something, but I guess DP is a close second in Mormonland.

I once took a picture of a guy wearing a button-up shirt like a woman's shawl, to expose his sweet wifebeater underneath.

Sarah said...

I'm glad your back, your bolg is a funny one to read. Oh and I hope if I ever have any thing embarrassing on my butt you would tell me.

Macey said...

Yeah for Phramacy school...countdown til 2010 for us too. I agree with the yummy grapes!

HooHoo said...

Thank you, thank you for not telling everyone that you took a picture of your very own mother's snuggy. I'm so embarrassed. Please tell me next time.

HooHoo said...

You know if you didn't eat so many yummy peaches and soaked grapes, you wouldn't taste so good for the mosquitos. I'm so sorry that you have to deal with your eternal itching and bites gone wild.

P.S. It looks like you got your peaches done. I'm proud of you. I just tried to eat them all. I'm almost done. I must say they are THE yummiest! Thanks for getting them for us.

angiedunn said...

Chloe has 4ish bites right now too! You poor girlfriends. One of hers is right next to her eye/is making her eye swell/looks like I punched her in the face or something. {I didn't, btw.}

Your posts are always a breath of hilarious air.

Happy Sophia!

Candice said...

I can't believe you didn't recognize me when you took that picture of my shirt tie stuck in my pants. I am SOOO embarassed- I will never forgive you! :) We (me maren and kel) have a few similar pics in our archives. Thank you so much for sharing that delightful one with us. I really enjoyed it.

Cassie said...

Oh man I laughed so hard at the Dr. Pepper picture I had tears. John started school up again too, he doesn't want a backpack though. Lame-o!

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

So maybe you aren't dirty like me and read Glamour magazine fanatically every single month as soon as it hits the shelves. But on the last page they always have these kind of embarrassing pictures and you can even send in your own and they will publish them in the magazine. I love it.

Laura Davis said...

Hey mel, It's laura i just found your blog, from Alisse's. How are you? it has been forever. I can see you are doing well, other then the massive mosquito bit...OUCH. Hailey has a few of them too.

Alisse Baldwin said...

Awww.. darn! Is that in your new fridge, too? I hate anything sticky, so... sorry, I won't be volunteering to come help you clean that up. But tell us the truth, did you secretly taste the DP'ed grape and totally loved every second of it? If it was root beer- I'd be all over that baby!

Kelli said...

Candice - someone already made the joke of the shirt tucked in the pants picture being them. However, I do agree that is one of my favorite photo masterpieces. Good job Melissa, I think thats probably why we're friends.

Melly Mel said...

this post is awesome! I'm so glad you got a picture of that lady's butt. It made my day. Thanks Melissa. You can always ALWAYS always put a smile on my face. I miss you. COME BACK AND VISIT soon. That was the best.

Carol said...

ok so i hear ya on the peach thing. the lady responsible for getting peaches for our ward had to go out of town so i let her bring over everybody's peaches to my house so they could pick them here. well the some rude people still havent come to get their peaches 4 days later so being the sweet person i am i went through my box of peaches and took out the nasty ones and switched them for their good ones :) that'll teach 'em to make me their peach babysitter!
ps - i love the butt picture too by the way!