This year for our anniversary, we decided not to do anything big. But then I got an itch to go SOMEWHERE, and with the help of a lovely coworker, decided that a weekend getaway to Prescott, Arizona was just the ticket. So after we got off work on Friday, May 18th, we hopped in the car and were off to enjoy a relaxing weekend together.
We stayed in the Prescott Pines Inn, which is the loveliest of all little bed and breakfasts that you could ever imagine. It seriously looked like a postcard!
And if you felt so inclined, you could play checkers on their front porch while enjoying the 75 degree weather.
So we checked in with the owner and she led us down to our room. And just by way of information, we didn't have to share a bathroom with anyone. Sara had tried to freak me out right before we left saying we'd have to share bathrooms, but I was happy to inform her that no, I had checked, we had our very own. The Inn has 4 little side buildings that the guests actually stay in, all of which have a little bathroom and tiny kitchenette. Anyway, as we were walking to our building/room, we passed this lovely little patio area.
Which also included a sitting area that I took full advantage of when reading that weekend.
And when we got into our pretty little room, we had a sweet little card and celebratory tray waiting for us and wishing us a happy anniversary! I thought it was the sweetest little thing!
So after going to dinner that first night at the delicious Gurley Street Grille, we settled into our room and just hung out and read/watched a movie.
The next morning I woke up at 6 AM. 5:56 to be exact. DUMB. I hate that I can't sleep in anymore now that I work and wake up early on a constant basis. And since our breakfast wasn't until 9:30, I took advantage of the Keurig and made myself some delicious hot chocolate. Have you ever seen or used a Keurig? It is amazing! It is a single serving coffee/hot chocolate maker and you just pop a little cup of powder and a cup of water in, and withing 2 minutes, perfect mug of hot chocolate. I couldn't have been more thrilled with it.
And then we went to breakfast. OH. THE. BREAKFAST! Have you ever stayed at a B&B? We never had and I am telling you, it was life changing. I may never go back to a hotel with continental breakfast again! (Don't quote me on that, like I can resist free bagels and English muffins.) I wish I would have gotten a picture of the breakfast on the first morning, it was a french toast bake with a blueberry glaze and also granola with yogurt and spiced peaches, and oh my word, it was incredible! The breakfast on the second morning was a savory type, and I so prefer sweet, but still very scrumptious, and it is the only picture I took so it will have to suffice. Seriously though, if you are EVER going to Prescott, please do yourself the favor of staying at this charming little place, because it was truly amazing.
That day we kind of just walked around town, did some window shopping, walked around the beautiful capitol building, just typical laid back small town activities. We then were tired, and still full from breakfast so we went back to our B&B and read books and watched movies and took naps, all of the typical things that don't happen nearly enough when we are in Mesa. We went to dinner that night at Bin 239, which was also delicious, and headed back to our room again.
Philip got a present, and did his best to act surprised, though he's been asking for new cologne for at least a year, so what else could it be?
Us at capitol building, and no I'm not pregnant, just trying unsuccessfully to try the trend of the half-tuck. I need help.
And can I tell you of my love for Arizona flags? And then they had rows of them! My heart seriously swells with pride when I see beautiful Arizona things like this.
I don't remember much from Sunday morning (which was our actual anniversary day), besides the delicious savory breakfast pictured above, which is maybe why I shouldn't wait 2 months to document things, eh? On the way home, we had to make a pit stop, and took a picture of us with the smoke from the wildfire in the background. And then felt guilty for smiling in it. But not guilty enough apparently since I'm still using it. :)
All in all, it was a very simple, relaxing and wonderful weekend to celebrate another very wonderful year. I am blown away every year with how much more I adore this guy and how grateful I am that he is mine forever. I've said it before and I'll say it again:
life and love are easy with him.
Happiest 7 years ever.
2 comments:
you guys are too cute. and that looks like an absolutely fabulous getaway! i wanted to do a B&B for ours but couldn't find one...
What a beautiful B&B! Happy late anniversary. : )
Post a Comment