If you are not from, or have never lived in Arizona, you may not understand this post and the significance of it. But I attest, the monsoon season in AZ is the most amazing thing to happen every year. And every once in a while, we get not just a big storm, but a HUGE storm! And it results in me running around the house like a wild dog to take pictures from every door and every window of the amazing thing we call precipitation. Last Saturday was the day. HUGE. STORM. And it lasted for at least an hour! Not just rain, but hail too!
The hail on our skylight in the kitchen was soooo loud and it made our house sound like a war zone! We truly could not believe the amount of rain we got and for how long it lasted! Here is Philip. We were CLEARLY freaking out.
A view from the front door; all of our planters had standing water in them, which with how dry and hot it had been, was so good to let all my sad little plants get such a good soak.
And another view of the back yard after the downpour stopped and it was just sprinkling at that point. But can you see that the 3-4 inches of standing water goes all the way back to our wall? It was insane. And I'm sure our fake grass appreciated the water also.
And of course, wouldn't you know it, we were scheduled to get irrigation that night, and once you're scheduled, you have to take it. So there I was at 11 PM, opening the lid to water our already soaked yard. Seems silly. Another "of course" thing is that Philip and our nephew spent all morning cleaning the pool and mowing the lawn and doing yard work to make our house look so pretty, all to have it completely undone withing the course of 10 minutes. Whatever, I'll take the rain any day.
Now you see why monsoons are great? They are crazy and they are usually quick, and bring the temp down from the triple digits. I'm crossing my fingers for another storm this weekend!
2 comments:
Storms ARE great, but the best part growing up was when you would get a good power outage. I don't get those anymore. :( Did the electric company work out all the kinks? If so, I am saddened. The other great part was playing in the gutter. It just doesn't happen as an adult.
Crazy insane and wonderful, all at the same time. I feel cooler just seeing your pictures.
Post a Comment