Monday, June 27, 2011

Babies!

May was a month of babies! Or at least two that I now love and adore.
The first was Kev and Nicole's sweet little lover:
Owen Scott Jones
May 3, 2011
Can you believe how adorable this little family is? And that Nicole looks beautiful after birthing a baby and not sleeping for like 48 hours?
And of course I was immediately the favorite aunt.

Don't mind my cry-baby eyes, I might have been a teeny bit emotional and cried when I first saw him, and pretty much that entire day, just like I did when they told me they were expecting. Something about your closest brother becoming a dad just does something to ya. I am so so happy for them!

And then at the beginning of June they blessed him at church and it was delightful. Thankfully this picture is far enough away that you can't see that I cried a lot that day as well. :)

Kevin and Owen had matching ties (to die for!) and Nicole looked perfect and is the sweetest, most adoring and proud mommy. Sigh, I love this little family.

And then on the adopted aunt front, my friend Stacie had her tiny baby! Meet Graham, who loves me a lot.

We had a little bonding session over the weekend and I'm fairly certain that I am now a solid contestant in the running for being his favorite adopted aunt!

Have I mentioned that I like babies? I've been especially obsessed with them recently, which is only slightly creepy, but who cares, they are the sweetest!

Maybe one of these days I will finally have a half dozen of my own!

2 comments:

kellibattraw said...

Why don't you hitch a ride out here with my mom so you can have first dibs on favorite aunt for Brigham? :)

Kirk and Aly said...

You are definately a favorite aunt!! (But I get dibbs on being Owen's favorite!)