Things I love/am grateful for/am thinking about.
I seriously can't get enough of him. Today when I visited him at work he said to me, "We need time off together." It made me so happy to know that he misses me like I do him when we work such different schedules. We then realized the next time we have off together is three weeks from now. Ugh, I'm tired of being busy.
We have jobs. Hallelujah. Over the past several months my employment has been uncertain and ever changing, which I kind of wasn't planning on. However, due to the fact that I have fantastic friends and family in the dental field, I have had people looking out for me and consequently, more work than I would have expected! Seriously, never have I been so grateful for my job and education, and especially my dad and sister, Sara, who both have been instrumental in me working so much. So I now work like a mad woman, and am grateful for every second of it.
We finally went on a bike ride recently and it was the highlight of my month. Arizona evenings in March and April provide the most delightful sunsets and perfect temperatures.
- That these two things are together on my counter.
Why wouldn't my pruning shears be next to a fancy punch bowl? This pretty much sums up recent events at my house though. Constant yard work and several fun parties. Both of which I have an endless love for.
I had dinner for uno tonight from my new favorite Mexican. If you haven't tried Salsa Cabana on Greenfield and Brown, try it. The above burrito was $4.70 (thanks to my 15% off preferred customer card), and it was heaven on earth. They are delicious and cheap and will bring you chips and salsa while you wait.
So after my burrito, I scraped what was left on my plate into the garbage. You probably wouldn't get why this was normal unless, like us, you grew up without a garbage disposal and a dishwasher. So after dinner my mom would tell us to "scrape our plate" into the trash (or if it was cereal or soup, you went and dumped it in the toilet), before putting it in the sink. Anyway, I did that tonight without thinking about it, and then it made me laugh.
Nothin' says summer like my dude shorts and a groundhog shirt. And since Philip is working late, this is how I dress up for a Friday night.
My visiting teachers dropped this by. Apparently they know my love for all things fruity and chewy, bless them. And when you think sour candy, you automatically make a trip to See's right? My ward and neighborhood is classy, and I've got a long way to go.
I'm pleased to announce that these little lovers are still alive, my roses are thriving, in fact they are blooming like crazy, I have two tomatoes on my plants and my zucchini are starting to get the yellow flower deals. I go outside to either water or just look lovingly at my plants at least twice a day. Just one more reason I love my house and being a home owner.
DeRay of Harold's Exterminating came yesterday. Oh my word that man is the nicest on the planet, and always says nice things about our house, even though there is always at least one room that didn't quite get cleaned, and he's probably thinking that if we cleaned it we might not have bugs. He also calms my nerves about cockroaches and is more than willing to also spray our playhouse/swing set so that I feel good about letting kids play on it. And he's pretty dang cheap. Bonus.
- Alright, enough's enough. I need to work on my lesson for Sunday, especially since I didn't work on it last night because I took a nap in my bed at 7 pm, and woke up just minutes before Philip got home at 10:25. No regrets though, it was delightful. Happy almost May!
3 comments:
A: Why didn't you get a picture of DeRay/Earl/Harold? Don't worry about A messy room, he had been to my house first. (PS- thanks for getting the playhouse sprayed.)
B: Um, you were wearing that outfit like yesterday, and Tuesday. Does it need a wash yet or is it okay since it's just the at home uniform?
C: I still think scraping plates is normal, and I was just telling a patient today about Mom washing our toothbrushes in the washing machine.
Geez Louise it's been a while and I have a lot to comment on.
For starters- your house? Really. How fancy are you with your own little awesome designer! And what globe trotters you two are! I have also been to the "family friendly" N'ahlens and quite enjoyed my-PG-self. I may have a beach cruiser bookmarked on my computer that looks EXACTLY like the one you own! SO jealous!
And for Sara's "B." Home uniforms need not be washed, especially if you don't see your husband for long stretches of time. (p.s. Is dishwashing toothbrushes bad? But seriously.)
How rude of America to have the great plains separating us so we can't be friends in the real life!
I will be in AZ at the end of the month and I am so glad you informed me of this Salsa Cabana nonsense. I will be eating it for sure!
Post a Comment