Monday, November 8, 2010

Mel's Birthday Wish List 2010!!!

It is the time of year that I post a million things that I would like for my birthday, and I'm happy to report that I have a list. It goes as follows:
1. A HOUSE.
And Philip, being the lover that he is, bought me this one!
Yes yes, no joking here, we have bought this house! We close on it in two short weeks! I truly couldn't be more thrilled with it. It is funny, because I had such a long (and slightly crazy) list of requirements and as we looked at lots of houses that fit the requirements, they just weren't quite right. And then lo and behold, a house without a path to the front door, and all sorts of stucco, and it is home. Our home. And I couldn't be happier.
Here's to a happy happy birthday and house!
P.S. We have the cutest street name ever, and a backyard to die for.

22 comments:

The Little's said...

Yay!! I need to see more pictures...but it's adorable! Congrats on being homeowners! It's super fun!

angiedunn said...

mel!!! ahh! i'm so so happy for you. it's so beautiful. congratulations. enjoy your little hearts out-you deserve it! *ps: are by sara!? how fun. i'm just so super thrilled for you.

FiestyShamrock said...

I am so thrilled for you!! But I am also kind of concerned that your birthday list was so darn short!

Deanna said...

Congrats! You definitely deserve it after all those long years of school.

MegRich said...

Congrats! That is a great birthday present! The house is beautiful. Where's it at?

Brent and Jenny Colvin said...

Wooohoooo! Congrats!

Erica said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see all the home improvement posts!

Robin said...

hope you are moving closer to Phil's work aka by me!

Nielson Family said...

BEAUTIFUL! CONGRATS! We are moving into a house too!!!!!! It was a good birthday present for Scott...okay, so the investor just happened to accept the offer the same day as Scott's bday, but it works! I'll have to send you a picture of ours. I'm not brave enough to post it yet for fear it's all a fluke and will fall through if I get too excited. Our close date is Dec. 6th! Your new house looks AWESOME and I want to see more pics! Where is it exactly? What ward and stake will you guys be in? SO HAPPY for you. We'll for sure miss ya!

mollie said...

Awesome! I hope you have a house warming party so I can walk all through your house without it being too awkward. I love seeing new houses! And you guys deserve it. If you need help moving, give us a call!

Kelli said...

BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER! Also, you leave the best comments on my blog. Sometimes I like to go back and re-read it just so I can feel funny. Back to your post - Congrats! I really can't wait to get my own private tour. And to see my room.

HILLARY said...

Wow I love it! That is so great!

kellibattraw said...

I can't wait to see it in person. Congratulations!

Marie said...

I've heard about this amazing back yard. How exciting!
So that's all you have to do? Put it on your birthday wish list and BAM, beautiful house? I'll have to try it.

Brent and Brooke said...

Yea! Congrats!

Sara! said...

I cannot wait for you to be so close, Sisterwife!

Alisse Baldwin said...

whaaaaat??!! so freakin excited for philissa! i need details and more... say at an upcoming birthday lunch? start thinking where you want to go!

Kristi said...

Wow! It looks beautiful! Congratulations! From the exterior I can tell the floor plan must be pretty unique. Good luck with your first time home buyer experience. It's been 6 months for us, and we're still learning stuff.

Kristin said...

Ok...what is the street name??? And that house is G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S!!!!!!!!!! Holla!

Ashley said...

1. im obsessed with this house.
2. why has it taken us so long to be blog friends.

Tristan and Lethe Bradshaw said...

wow! gorgeous! and the house too. :) So stinking stoked for you! love you! and happy Birthday!

Melly Mel said...

wait a second... this is amazing!!! no more condo??? i am so happy for you guys. it looks like a perfect home for you two. congrats!!!