Wednesday, August 12, 2009

This boy...

...is adorable.
But that is obvious.

.He's also perfect for me. But that isn't quite so obvious sometimes. I'm pretty sure we are the definition of "Opposites Attract". And I love it.

Recently I was talking to Philip on my way home from work and I was trying to describe one of my patients to him. The guy looked like an actor that I had seen on tv before. So here was my description for Philip:

"You know that guy who was on some tv show, and he has brown hair and a kind of jutty-outty chin, and his voice is like 'Maaah' (imagine a guy's voice being nasal-ish and that is the noise I made), and he's kind of chubby?"

He made a couple of good guesses, especially for the amount of information that I gave, but we just weren't on the same page. So when I got home I was going nuts that he didn't know who I was talking about so I spent quite a bit of time on google, since all I could remember was that he was on an older-ish comedy that might have been on in the afternoons. Yeah, I was a lot of help. I finally remembered that he was the hypochondriac patient on an episode of Scrubs, and when I said that, Philip knew exactly who I was talking about. His name?

Richard Kind. He was also on Spin City, which of course Philip knew. So yeah, I have a patient that looks and kind of acts just like him/he's kind of annoying.

Anyways, that is something that I love, love, LOVE about Philip. He reads my mind. When I say crap like, "Hey, you know that girl with the hair...?" He will laugh at my ridiculously bad description, but nine times out of ten, totally know who I am talking about. Life with him is awesome.

And did I mention? He's adorable. I hope our kids get his dimples.

And bless his heart, he is in his last quarter of actual classroom type setting, and he wants to die. Poor thing has been in school since age 5 and is up to his ears with ridiculous notes and teachers and information to be committed to memory. Only like two more months though, and then he gets to work for free (read: rotations) until he graduates! HOORAY.
.
. . He's also super sweet for putting up with me being somewhat lazy these days. It seems like all I want to do when I get home from work is read my books in bed until I fall asleep...which is approximately 10-15 minutes after I start reading. So yeah, this boy needs a little recognition for being the funnest husband a girl could ask for.

. . That's all. I lub him. A lot.

10 comments:

Ashley said...

I met Richard Kind in the airport in LA once. He was a jerk.

Sarah said...

I think its awesome you used the word lub, we use that word all the time at our house.

Janet said...

Hey, that is our work for "this boy" everyone knows who we are talking about at our house!! Yes, he is quite the guy. We lub him, too!!

angiedunn said...

Pwahahaha...that's hilarious. He IS annoying! {Spin City guy...not Philip.}
He's also on Mad about You...ya know, that show that was just ON and that's the only reason you watched it?

Great post. Husbands really rock.

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

:) Seriously... Kelli was right- Tammie got a crapload of dimples... Kelli was blessed with next to none.. me a little.. then Phily got the rest... darn him!

Michelle said...

Truly, the second best Lindblom kid in this town! He is pretty awesome.

Jared Westergard said...

Hey thanks for commenting on my blog I don't think youre creepy haha:) Thanks for the helpful hints I think we might have to go to some of those bakery's you went to they look amazing! We are doing a lot of the same stuff you did. I am super excited too it doesn't even seem real at this point. Well thanks again and it was fun to see your blog. You'll have to check mine again for post trip pics. Oh and btw we have a Grimaldi's here too by San Tan mall, we go there all the time it is amazing. You probably already knew that, but just in case you didn't:)

Karen and Joe said...

hahahaha that's a great blog! Glad you guys are perfect for each other,I totally get the being able to finish your senetence thing especailly when you don't make any logical sense~! and that you lub each other soo much! :)

Robin said...

your descriptions are miraculous! And your husband is darling, but don't worry I already have my own dimple-man!

Karen and Joe said...

Some part of me doesn't think that Philip minds you coming home and doing nothing but reading your book. I'm guessing his Xbox keeps him company juuuuuuuust fine. :-)

Joe