Friday, July 3, 2009

My life...

This morning I took my car in to Gunnell's to get a new tire. I took my book:

which I have to admit is finally becoming interesting. You see, I've heard great things about this book, but that it starts a little slow. A LITTLE SLOW? Seriously, the first four pages of the book are about three-toed sloths. It has taken me two full weeks to get through like 80 pages, because every time I try to read it, I fall asleep. But anyways, now it is getting interesting, and I am finally enjoying it.

So, I sat down and got out my book and then an old man came and sat by me. He looked kind of like this:

but with shorter hair on his head, and a larger and longer amount coming out of his shirt. He then proceeds to tell me that I look really familiar, but that this isn't a pick up because he's an old man, and asked me if I worked at Walmart. I told him no, that I worked at a dental office. Ohhhhh, that's where he recognized me from.
"Right over here on University?"
No, it's in Gilbert.
"Oh yeah, I remember now."
No he doesn't. I've never seen him before.
He then talked to me for the next twenty minutes, asking all sorts of questions (if I have kids, if I was married in the temple, if Diabetes runs in my family, what about arthritis? do I know anyone who would want these pills for these things, do I want to become a seller for this company that sells the pills, you know, the usual) and whatnot, all while assuring me that he wasn't picking up on me because he was old and I was married, and all while I was trying to read my book.
Now don't get me wrong, I was polite and everything, but for crying out loud, I just wanted to read!
His car was finally done, and he gives me a hug and kisses me on the cheek, then instructs his wife, who was sitting on the other side of him the whole time, to give me a hug. What the weird?
And they smelled weird too.
Yeah, that's not very sweet of me, but seriously? A kiss on the cheek after just meeting at Gunnell's? Weird.
That's all. Good thing Philip isn't the jealous type.
Happy holiday weekend! And happy fireworks!

9 comments:

Alisse Baldwin said...

What the weird is so right. Selling pills? Yeah... sounds legit...

Sara! said...

Wow, your fireworks started a day early! Lucky for you!

Michelle said...

HaHaHaHaHa HaHaHa... that is too adorable. Reminds me of that time I was riding the subway in NY in the old man sitting across from me was winking at me. In a spooky, creepy, drooling out the side of his mouth kinda way.

Good times. Makes ya wonder what these yahoos were like in their youth.

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

that was the greatest story EVER :) Gave me a good laugh!! You must be an old man magnet :)

Sarah said...

That's pretty creepy he gave you a hug what a weirdo. Life of Pi gets mildly better then kinda strange so I hope you enjoy.

Ashley said...

Yes, I certify that weird. You are too nice! But in all honesty I probably would have befriended him in the same way. This story kind of makes me sad, like in an I'm-not-ready-to-get-old-and-senile kind of way.

Unknown said...

Boy, even if Philip isn't the jealous type, I bet he had a hard time brushing that one off.

Bekah Parker said...

Wow that is weird!!

And don't start "The Time Traveler's wife" It is pretty dirty.

Kelli said...

Oh that is rich. I love a good tire store story. I'm sorry you didn't get to enjoy your book, but I am glad that you shared this story, as I got a good hearty laugh out of it.