Tonight I tried a new recipe. I RARELY do this, because first, if it involves more than like four ingredients, we don't have them, second, I get my hopes up and my heart set on something new, and third, I'm lazy. But tonight I decided to try it.
I made this:
"Tuscan Chicken Simmer" as Kraft Foods calls it, and doesn't it just look tasty?
Unfortunately, mine looked and tasted like this:
Poo. Me and Philip's favorite thing about it? That we never have to eat it again. But of course I ate it because I was mad that I wasted time and effort and cream cheese on it, and Philip ate it because he's a sweetheart. This is reason number eight hundred and ninety why I hate cooking.
Baking, on the other hand, I'm fairly okay at. So we chased down our poo dinner with the delicious brownies that I made yesterday.
(And that is caramel-y goodness in the middle. Jealous?)
From now on when I think of trying a new recipe, I think I'll make brownies instead.
Dinner is just not my thing.
Anyway, have a good week guys and happy February!
23 comments:
I know it's a little late, but I read your blog, too. I just never leave comments because leaving comments requires logging-in, which I am too lazy to do.
i HATE when i try to make something yummy and it turns out like poo.
i did that on my husbands birthday- and i literally had to throw it away after ONE bite. it was comparable to concentration camp food. (because we all know what that tastes like... what?)
anyways, those brownies look divine. yum.
Hey Melissa! Those brownies were the bomb. Darcy and I could not keep our hands off of them.
Don't feel bad about dinner. If I had to be good at something, I'd pick desserts as well.
Kudos for being adventurous and at least trying! Im sure it wasnt nearly THAT bad.
lol... its not so much that he is onory that makes it hard to believe... its that when your friends get married in general- or do great things in life- its like a wake up call that life really happens... ya know? like when your girlfriend tells you she is pregnant... and you are like- wait, what? weren't we just hanging out the other day and playing barbies? and then you realize wow... we are growing up! but no, Philip- i always knew would get married... but seriously, he got himself a babe of a wife! :)
Love the brownies! I am not a very good brownie maker :(
I've done the same thing before, I hate trying new recipes! Especially Kraft recipes, they've taste gross 95% of the time.
Tip: I have learned that 90% of recipes given to the public by the people who make the products are poo. I made one on the ranch bottle once...poo. Campbell's recipe...poo. Pace picante sauce...good actually. But salsa makes everything better. Just don't go there unless you have heard from someone else.
Don't give up!! It's so sad to see this post after the comment you left me yesterday:)
Seriously, nothing makes me more ticked then when you spend effort on something and then it blows. That is why taco bell is a perfectly acceptable dinner always.
okay... 79 comments is ridiculous. I'm sure you're beaming. But, I will remind you that all those who commented and will comment from here on out will only comment because of forced commentation. That's right. You brute.
And yes i knew about FOTC season 2... I just wish we had HBO.
I'm the same way. Cooking, not so fun. Baking desserts, bring it on! Luckily I married a man who loves to cook and is good at it. He's a Food Network fanatic.
OH there really is nothing worse than trying a new recipe and having it taste like crap. Time, energy, and ingredients ALL wasted. Sometimes, the recipe might even be a good one and it's just something that I messed up, but it doesn't matter. I'm still not willing to try it again if I made it once and it didn't taste good. Always best to go with recommendations from friends or family over manufacturers... however, I've even had a few family recommended recipes that have turned out terribly. Probably my mistakes, but terrible nonetheless, and therefore, no less of a waste. Sorry this was so long, apparently I'm passionate about the issue.
Nothing is worse than putting the time, effort, and $ into a recipe that does not turn out! The brownies looked like heaven, especially to someone who's temporarily given up sugar. : )
I am sorry that dinner didn't turn out, it always sucks when you put the effort in for nothing, next time steer clear of kraft recipes I have never had any luck with them. And lol to Lindsee comments because it is so true.
I would love the recipe for the brownies :)
Jill you can't have the recipe until you tell me who you are!
"You eat pieces of poo for breakfast?" - Happy Gilmore (haha)
I don't like it when my meals don't turn out and especially when they taste like poo! Glad your brownies were there to save the day! I'd rather eat dessert anyways! :)
those brownies seriously rocked my world!!!!! Look on Better Homes & Gardens for recipes, cause every one I've ever tried comes out fantastical!!!! I'm sorry dinner didn't turn out so great :(
Let me tell you what love is--Philip eating the things you make, just because he LOVES you
Love is--you putting your whole self into trying something new
Love is making something really good to make sure there is something "special"
Mum Lindblom
Wow. I feel super priviledged. And I change my menu because I am especially poor right now. I am trying to use what I got, ya know. But, Onion Chicken will so be happening next week. It's fool proof.
fixed it. you are officially philissa.
and um, ps... i love what you wrote on Laurens blog about being the best wife duo ever... i cant think of a more dynamite reason to go back to polygamy. ;)
Man! you have a really popular blog here! I nominate you blog of the year! I saw you got like 81 comments on one of your posts... congratulations!! If blogging were a sport this is something like the major leagues. Crazy! Well thanks for stalking, I was grateful to hear from you! If I had to make a list of people I miss in life I would certainly put you on it. I am happy I can keep up with you. The cliche "Keep in touch" has a whole new meaning now with the world of blogging. Remember Ceramics? Mr. Walker was the best! I wonder if he still works there.
-Bryndee
PS... My Mr. Lafe goes to Midwestern. He is in there DO program. Do you guys live out there on the west side? We are here in Mesa.
I seriously thought of your poop picture the other day when I was thinking about the color in my house... I love your house... your colors totally work with your furniture and everything. You have an eye... lucky
Post a Comment