Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday...

A Hep B shot and 44 oz. of Diet Pepsi...
what more could a girl ask for on a Thursday afternoon?
Maybe just a Diet Pepsi.
.
But honestly, I don't mind getting shots. In fact, I almost like them. Maybe not the shots themselves, but the fact that I don't mind. Yes, I like that I don't mind shots. Or giving blood/having blood drawn, I generally even watch them stick the needle in. I know, I'm super tough right? That's what I thought.
.
I think this is one of the many useless and ridiculous "talents" that I'm kind of prideful about, just like how I enjoy having a good sense of direction and being a good speller. And the longer this paragraph gets, the more awesome I sound.
.
Have a good weekend guys, perhaps I'll run into you at Batman, which I'm SERIOUSLY excited about.

13 comments:

The Fletchies said...

congrats on being a good shot taker. hopefully your mom enjoyed it when you were a kid and didnt scream...or maybe you did.

Kristin said...

The green monster of jealousy is coming out! I CAN'T GET SHOTS! I'm such a chicken. So congratulations to you! And I wish I could freakin' drink Pepsi or Dr. Pepper. Mmmm...lucky!

Kelli said...

Just one more reason we're friends...I take almost extreme pride in the fact that I can give blood/get shots without flinching, and yes, sometimes I watch. I gave blood earlier this week, and there was a guy in the chair next to me who almost passed out and I though, "Ha, wimp." Aren't I nice? Yep, I am.

Gina Lee said...

You are seriously deranged. I would rather take a month long perscription then get a shot. (I just shuddered) I absolutely despise...no detest needles. I was most scared of having a baby for the epidural...not the actual shoving huge baby out not so big...well you get the idea. But yeah, you are one tough cookie. But the QT does look quite refreshing. We are getting out out here, it will be done in a month or so...CANT WAIT to sink my teeth into their fab taquitos!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Yeah, you're tough alright! We should start calling you Starla, or something equally as butch.
I still cry and/or throw up when I get shots. Which means I'm a baby. And not as cool as you.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Wow, that is quite some talent you got there. I don't mind giving blood but I can't watch as they put the needle in. It creeps me out.

I have an idea...let's run into each other at Batman.

The Jones Fam said...

Starla,

One observation I have had while being a fake doctor is that usually the more tough-looking the person is, the more wimpy they are when they have to get injections. Case in point: Huge tough black guy who came into clinic and brought a baby's teething ring to bite on while I gave him his injection. That's right- a teething ring. Little Nancy. So be glad you don't look like a brute- or you would probably not be so tough at getting shots. Hmm... but the fact that I kinda like shots too may reflect on my masculinity... But in my defense, I do hate shots in the bum.

Kip

angiedunn said...

mmm...pepsi {minus the diet part.}

i'm proud of your bravery.

happy saturday!

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Okay, so Laura and I have been watching massive amounts of Dawson's Creek lately. And we just watched the episode that had James Van Der Beek crying in it like on your Dr. Heap's office post. And we laughed our heads off. And read that post again.

Kirk and Aly said...

I'm totally with ya. I'll get a shot in the arm any day, or take all the blood you want, but don't ask me to do anything hard like call someone I know on the phone. I'm lame, I know. Also, getting a shot totally gives you a good excuse to get a 44 of deliciousness or maybe even a #1 at Taco Bell. Yum!

Jenny Hogle said...

Melissa, funny you should post this... I went to give blood at our stake blood drive and let's just say I left there without a cotton ball and gauz... Idk how you spell that. But eh I couldn't donate because they checked my heart rate twice and both times it was too fast and they said that next time I need to try to be less nervous. It was my first time. I was slightly relieved but also quite embarrassed when I had to tell bob flaherty what happened. He just laughed at me. Sad. Oh well maybe next time I will be able to calm myself down so I can give my blood away. I tried right. That counts for something.

Juli said...

you are so funny.....after the millions of shots i've had- I have to say that I don't mind them at all either. Did you like Batman? I loved it!

Macey said...

You are so tough-hope you liked Batman-we did.