.
In other news (or pictures), I have very adorable nieces and nephews. Here are my two favorite pictures that I took at the park last week when we hung out during Priesthood Session. Anyone that is a professional photographer cannot judge these based on quality, just look at the cute factor.
.
I will start school at Rio Salado in February. The hygiene campus is in Downtown Phoenix right next to a homeless shelter, awesome right? It is year round, which I'm actually really excited about, because that means that I will graduate in 15 short months! Hooray for May of 2009!
.
And since it is super full time, I won't be working at all, which makes two of two in our family that are not working and just going to school. Soooo, if anyone would like to give us thousands of dollars to live on for the next couple years, that would be awesome!
.
So life is basically great, and so is this weather.
Wouldn't you agree?
28 comments:
Yay! I scored the first comment for this post! I'm soooooooooo lucky! Well first: I love your second bedroom - how you painted it, the stripes, it looks professional, the recliner is amazing, I love how Phillip demonstrated how it works.
Second, your niece and nephew have adorable blue eyes. You are a lucky aunt. They look like tons of fun!
Third- So excited for you. I wish I had thousands of dollars to give to you but maybe I was thinking, since you will be at the homeless shelter, you can always grab a bite to eat on your way into class? People did that all the time in SF.
Lastly - You are so cute to post the same picture twice. Never a dull post with you. ALWAYS exciting Mel.
Oh actually not lastly... thanks for the compliment on my freckles... they really start to show in the autumn season from all my summer beach days. Also I wasn't wearing any makeup - dang, I wish I knew how to do more than just crop on photo shop.
geez that was a forever long comment. Everyone that is going to post a comment now is going to be like... who the heck is "just for melissa" - what a freak!
Ahhh, let me be the first to welcome you to the world of 100% student loans. Please take off your shoes when entering. This is a magical land where your income flows free from loan fairies and you don't have to worry about where your money is going to come from.
Until a year and a half from now when you have to start paying it off. But I'm not there yet, so I don't know how that will go.
I'm quite interested in your painfully slow teeth cleaning. We haven't had dental coverage for like 3 years, so anything sounds good to me.
i love your reading nook{the chair is very stylish}, & your niece's & nephew's blue eyes! also, big congrats on getting into school!!! it was nice to meet you the other day at the scrapbook store! :)
adorable, as always! lucky-lucky i say, i wish i knew what to go to school for..you both rock for both going to school!
School loans...thanks for joining the club! j/k What great professions..and what a comfy chair!
Congrats on getting into hygene and going to the livin' on school loans life style! Its the best!
Also way cute green stripes and chair!
holy hannah no income? that scares me. you are so brave! i'm sure you kids will be fine though.
your house is coming together so very nicely. i really like it. congrats on being hot.
See 8 comments in one night/day - you are AMAZING...first of all, I'm probably wearing mascara from the night before that I never took off. Gross right? I'm pretty lazy like that.
Second, you are Mrs. domestic. Never discount your pie crusts for enrichment night! You are such the homemaker!
Third - you're welcome for the super long comment. I cut and pasted most of this so it's on mine just in case people thought I wasn't wearing any mascara and that my eye lashes were naturally that dark. False advertisements. Also, you made me laugh out loud a hundred times. Thanks for the good laughs.
Your reading nook seems like Nirvana for the passionate reader. I love that chair. Very PB-esque. And hello...cute lamp & bookshelf. I might have up-closed on your reading material too...is Angels & Demons good?
Go Dental Hygiene! You might be worried about the lack of income now, but you'll never regret having an education. Me? If I ever needed to get a full time job? It's called: blue vest & "Welcome to Walmart" & Smiley faced stickers/the whole nine yards. {not that there's any dishonor in that...I've seriously considered it actually} lol.
Cute cute cute cute offspring those siblings of yours have.
I love the chair... and the wall- the nook looks strait out of PB mag... love it hardcore... and I am so excited for the hygiene thing. You guys will be great- welcome back into the world of starving students!
After trying out your reading nook tonight, I am dying to start on my bedroom! K? (So, do you think you-know-who will follow through with you-know-what on you-know-this-too-day? I already have big plans for it!) If so, ahhh! I can't wait to get started!
P.S. Oakley kept talking about how much fun he had with you tonight. I'm still a bit ticked he called you mom.
Oh Sara, I am very pleased, but somewhat shaking my head that I knew exactly what you were talking about! Um, I hope so, but don't put money on it in Vegas or anything! And I told Philip about Oakley shoveling the buttons into his mouth tonight just to make you guys mad, and I was laughing so hard! Sorry your kid is such a punk for you, we know he does it just to make you mad though, so don't let him get into your head!
First off - how can I be more like you? I want to have a room that is green and light green stripes, a leather lounge reading chair, and go to school next to a homeless shelter. They have the best soups I hear. hahaha... I will totally let you know if I can think of anything creative yet easy to pull off for Halloween for you and Phillip. So far, I'm thinking something along the lines of you being a tooth and him a pill? Stupid I know but top of my head. Or how about Mary Poppins? Or in-n-out workers? Or better yet, how about Filbertos workers? Maybe you can carry a dead cat! hahaha that's nasty. Have a good Sunday!
That room is adorable. You need to come over to my house and tell me what to do to make things cute. Seriously love the green stripes and the chair is so cute in that room. Oh ya I never noticed how pretty blue Oakley's eyes were before.
Looks superb Mel, I love how your husband participate in the picture taking. Now you have a reading nook to look at all your Pottery Barn magazines. Ah, simple pleasures.
Hey!!! Very very cute! Love the paint. You have more patience than I do. And....I need your address. "I used to live right by you" you say....well I got rid of all my Rancho ward information. Bad I know, but I need it. I know its 623 ladidadidada...but I need the #!! Thanks lady I am trying to get my christmas card lists together early! Look at me trying to be a planner! lol
yes. unfortunately/or not, i have seen pretty much all of the full house episodes. i'm the kind that woke up extra early to watch before school. and after school as well. and of course i recorded the last episode and i was probably crying. lame? i guess.
Your stripes are so so amazing! I want to come read in your reading corner!
pps I talk to Sara at the scrapbook store about our cousins party. Can we maybe do a Friday instead? PLEEEASE?
Apparently I'm a big, fat hypocrite because I've seen this post like 9 times as I've clicked here, and I guess never commented. Why are you still my friend?
Ok, comments back to your comments, here we go: Scott and I have been trying to decide what to be for Halloween forever now, and I've probably said AT LEAST 15 times, "Let's just ask Mel to borrow her (and Chase's!) hot dog costumes from Ides circa 2003." I even volunteered them to Erica G for you a few posts back. In summary, I am so glad you referenced them. It made my sad, at-home-on-a-Saturday-night, night a little better! So, gracias.
100% ditto to the church blog comments! My church/Sunday alias involves a very, very anti-social, shy, Molly Mormon Alisse and it's so awkward when people say stuff in reference to our blog because then I know the cats out of the bag! (side note: Does Kev's email address still involve ilovecats420? I hope so.)
Do you have a secret political cruch on Barack Obama? Oh, you don't? Um, I don't either... (side note #2: I'm not voting for him, I just think he's kind of cute and charming.)
You know I'm all about spreading the Lakeside love. My mean old manager that would come stand by my teller window when you'd come talk to me asked for one, and sorry- I gave it to her. Hopefully she's nice to you! Or better yet, have Sara torture her while she's stuck in the dental chair and can't really go anywhere. Or tell Sara to never use the, um, spit sucker(?) and make her drool all over herself. (side not #3: I'm evil.)
And lastly, let's take a moment of silence for Ted's Hot Dogs.
...
...
...
Ok, Secrist out.
We loved having Philip in our recliners, he would always lose change.
Hey...Where did you go? Congrats again! You must be busy!
I'm glad you appreciated the Jones' references. I'm pretty sure that if I still worked there right now, I would be fired!
I think you are too funny, your legs are way sexier than mine are! You have the long and lean thing down and look great with it, mine are the short fat stumps! haha. But thanks. And that is probably the cutest room I have ever seen. I really want to do stripes in one of my rooms, but have not quite gotten there yet and probably won't cuz I don't get projects like that done for some reason! haha.
So you have time to rearrange all the blog people but not for a post? Hmmm.
It's been forever!
post. post. post. post. post.
{that's me chanting.}
you better watch out, or the crowd of 26 comments is gonna join in.
Melissa. It's time for a new post. Honestly.
Post a Comment