Today was my oldest niece, Marissa's 9th birthday, so we had a little celebration tonight. Aly made chocolate mousse for birthday cake, which was absolutely lovely.
I gave her a little journal that I made, and she seemed to really like it which made me happy, and greasy apparently.
Then Noelle told me that she wants one for her birthday too, but instead of "Journal" being written on it, she wants "Secret Diary" written on hers. I love those girls. And Rissa modeled her new outfit, which I love. I am especially in love with her leggings, which bless her lucky little chicken legs, will always be baggy.
Then we decided to take lots and lots of pictures of us being Uggos.
And since I haven't posted in ages, here are pictures of last weekend with Lizzie loving on the crow at Michael's.
Oh, and in case you're wondering, Oakley eats bean burritos. A boy after my own heart.
So other than that...I have had NOTHING exciting in the least bit going on. My house still isn't finished, I not expecting to hear back from school for another couple weeks, I haven't made any exciting purchases, and I watch a lot of TV. So if anyone wants to talk to me about my TV friends, feel free.
Oh, but I am really really excited for conference this weekend. This will be our first conference with the dvr, which means we can start it a few minutes late and just fast forward through the choir numbers. Awesome, huh?
Sara had to leave a little earlier than I did, so Noelle jumped in her spot.
It was a fun sexy time for us.
Just kidding, I don't REALLY want to do that...
18 comments:
Comments:
You know the rule, NO HAVING FUN OR LAUGHING WITHOUT ME!
So, what's Bells doing with her hands in the second to last picture of you three?
Bless my little freckled heart, my face ate my make-up. Bless Rissa's little freckled heart, she got freckles too.
I still love Lizzie with the crow. And Oakley's pretty manly eating a burrito without a shirt on.
I love bean burros too! But not ones the size of my head.
Sorry about the delete.
Pretty sure I started laughing out loud 4 times while reading this post.
1:Made me happy, and greasy
2:What a fun and sexy time for us. I love George Michael.
3:Lizzie with the crow.
4:Oakley eatting the burrito.
I know we have been saying this forever but cousins party please?
Just kidding I just remembered a #5 laughing moment. Fast fowarding through the musical numbers.
You got DVR? Lucckkkyy. That would = me sleeping in and watching it in 20 minutes intervals for the next 8 Sundays.
Lol to ugly faces. You've always been so good at that. Did that sound mean? In my twisted mind, it was a compliment. You know I think you're pretty.
What ever happened to the other posts about your family members? I'm sure each post takes like 3+ hours, so that could be why you're avioding it. Or maybe Chris and Beth are your favorites.
We so FF through, we are devils.
Cutest post ever Mel. Happy B-day Rissa, and I'm pretty sure I her outfit in my size.
Also, did you start your letters yet? If you want to borrow my rubber-roller-thing for your project, I'd be more than happy to let you borrow it. I can take it to the store & put it on hold for you, or drop it off @ your house, or your moms, or your place o' employment. If you'd like. We are in Mesa constantly. That's all. Have a grand day!
*pretty sure i want
i heart typos
you should have Lizzie name the crow. Eden named Emily's handy. The names she chooses are always entertaining.
I'm so glad that my typical nose profile picture made the cut! No fair that you guys got to have all the fun and I was stuck being hostess to inlaws and crap! My girls think you're their best friend. Lizzie named our crow Freddy, after the bird that we killed after trying to nurse it back to health. RIP Freddy.
Rissa is so fun and cute. Such a good and gracious receiver. I loved the journal and the shoes (not pictured). Yummy birthday mousse, Alyson.
Oakley named my crow/raven, "Larry." I swear that's what it sounded like.
The bird does remind me of someone dark and birdleg-ish.
Funny, funny girls sitting across the room from the old boring people. Thank you for being a good hostess although you would have loved...
I would love to see the last three of your siblings spotlighted too. I know it's lots of work but you're so good at it. Come on!
You+me=need to talk about our tv friends. Because maybe I am really really embarrassed to admit that I watch 12 shows. Every week. And that is hard for me to limit it to 12. So please list your top 2 favorite new shows that have started. Mine are Gossip Girl and Dirty Sexy Money. Runners up are Private Practice and Chuck. Losers are Bionic Woman and..maybe Reaper. Not sure yet.
I can't believe Marissa is 9! What a fun girl! Good job being the coolest aunt ever! If you make me a "secret diary" for my birthday you will definitely be the coolest sister ever too!
Jake
Isn't it funny how goof ball brothers and sisters can have goof ball offspring. That little Marissa is gonna be just like Aunt Mel, stilt legs and all. The crow picture is hilarious. Did you tell her to pose like that or did she do it herself? Funny!
Lol to your comment on my blog about Sara raising your offspring until 2011! If only it were really possible...
How cute! What a good idea with the pictures. I felt like I was looking at pictures from a photo booth! Very creative. YOU MUST SCRAPBOOK!!!
Sara wins hands DOWN for the ugly faces. I totally didn't even recognize her in like the first half and had to squint my eyes to be able to tell if it was her or not! not kidding :) that was amazing. We should like hang out or something, although it is now fairly obvious that I am incapable of planning a cousins party so maybe Christmas?!
Post a Comment